How to Make Diet Shakes
Knowing how to make diet shakes is your first step to weight loss! When I got back from college after getting my nutrition degree I desperately wanted to help my parents lose weight and start living healthier lives. My parents had definitely started to let their health slide away while I was gone at school. With mounting stress and an abundance of cholesterol raising, and heart choking foods; it’s easy to see how things started to get out of control. I knew I had to immediately get them on a diet that was as convenient, time-efficient, and nutritionally dense, so the obvious choice was health shakes!
[warning]Most over-the counter shakes have numerous ingredients that you don’t want in them such as highly processed glucose or carbohydrates that can impair weight-loss. I repeat, these are what some call “anti-nutrients” because instead of nourishing your body they damage your body. Avoid anti-nutrients in shake and life at all costs![/warning]
Now before you start learning how to make diet shakes check out the Buy Diet Shakes section to ensure you got a good meal replacement powder. A necessary components in creating a great diet shake.
So how are diet shakes going to make you lose or maintain weight? They are going to offer the most benefits when used as described below.
How to Use Diet Shakes For Weight Loss!
- Simply replace breakfast and/or lunch with a Nutritious Diet Shake Like Primal Fuel-Turn on your Fat Burning Genes.
- Eat a 100–200 calorie snack between meals.
- Enjoy a healthy, balanced dinner with up to 5 ounces of protein (fish, poultry, or tofu).
- Don’t eat at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to maintain your metabolism and flush toxins from your body.
- Stay active – You don’t need hours in the gym but experts agree on at least 30-60 minutes of exercise per day for weightloss!
- Don’t just weight yourself, measure your mood, pants size and energy levels to see the true results of your new life style!
Exercise + Primal Diet = Achievable Real Results Primal Fuel
What Your Going To Need
In order to make Diet Shakes, you need some key ingredients, a blender, some creativity and a mere five minutes of time to whip them up. You Will Need (remember you can check out the buy diet shakes page for more resources) :
-Protein powder (Primal Fuel Vanilla and Chocolate Both taste great)
-Fresh and frozen fruit
Instructions for how to make Diet Shakes in General
1. Get Protein powder. Protein powdered ingredients is one of the staples in a diet shake mix. These come in diverse flavors and options. What you want to aim for is a high biological value protein of at least 15 grams.
2. Choose a fluid. In order to make a diet shake, you must have some form of liquid substrate to give it regularity. Choose water, juice, milk, milk other possibilities, or any combination of them. It also good to determined how many calories your shake will contain after the liquid is added in. To keep shakes lower in calories, you would want to go with a fat-free milk or water. What I highly recommend instead of milk is to use Almond milk. It has significantly less calories and tastes just as good if not better!
3. Select some fruit. Adding fruit to diet shakes will give them more nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants and also fiber. Fresh or frozen fruit works well. Bananas cause shakes to be more frothy if you happen to like them stand and thick. I actually prefer this taste and texture more than just a plain shake. Some other examples would be blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and mangoes.
4. Include some fats. Even though they will are diet shakes, doesn’t mean they can’t have fat, as long as it is important fat. A Myth in Nutrition is that fat is bad, when in fact fat is actually really good for you! A good form of healthy fat in this case is from coconut. Get possibly extra virgin coconut oil or shredded coconut to throw into your shakes. Coconut has moderate chain triglycerides which actually give you energy and also raise your metabolism. With healthy fats in your shake your one step closer to attaining a primal diet.
5. Get some yogurt. This can be in frozen or regular form. There are many of reasons why yogurt is good to throw into diet shakes. It is generally low on the glycemic index, it also has a good quantity of protein and it furthermore has calcium. To keep the calories lower, choose low-fat versions. One additional type is to buy yogurt with a high amount of probiotics that benefit your digestive system. One good thing about Primal Fuel Meal Replacement shakes is that they come with prebiotics! Prebiotics help assist the probiotics in your diet and foods.
6. Blend IT. Now to make the proper shake. Here’s an example diet shake recipe to try. Place 8 ounces cold water in a blender. Throw in a sliced up frozen banana, 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 a cup of blueberries and one tbsp of shredded coconut. Put the top on and start the blender. As it’s blending, lift the lid and add 3 ice cubes. You can also use thickening agents like all natural peanut butter. This Meal replacement shake equals about 340 healthy nutrient rich calories. Now try and get that from a cheeseburger.
[important]KEY TAKE-AWAYS FROM THIS ARTICLE
When opting for your milk, remember Don’t!. Milk is not needed in your diet shakes. Actually almond, rice and hemp milk can be much lower in calories. Check out this article on Milk Myths. Think about this, cows once there adults no longer drink their mothers milk. Why the hell are you going to? especially when that milk is designed to nourish a small calf to 8 times its birth weight before they stop drinking it. Are you trying to gain 8x your weight in the next few months?[/important]
Ready to Start a Healthy Diet Shake Change?
Primal Fuel is the ultimate low carb, paleo, high protein meal replacement that is packed with nutrition. Check it out today and get Free Shipping!
-20 grams Protein
-6 grams of soluble fiber
- and more!
List of Diet Shake Recipes for you to try! Tell us what you think!
Yea ok I'm not going to lie. Every once and a long while I eat a few of those delicious orange creme popsicle bars! shhhhhh!! Don't say anything though.
I like this diet shake because it gives me the same taste and sugar fix as the popsicle without the worry of empty calories.
- • 1 to 2 scoops of vanilla Hemp protein powder
- • 6 to 8 ounces of water
- • 4 to 6 ice cubes
- • 1 to 2 peeled oranges
- Blend for 1 minute. Pour Enjoy!
Don't spend a ton of money on expensive weight gainer shakes that probably have tainted melamine ingredients from china! Make your own shakes with this great recipe.
- Heavy Gainer
- 3 scoops chocolateWhey Powder
- 4 egg whites (from the isolated whites from the grocery store)
- 1 tbls. Peanut Butter
- 8 oz. cold water
- 2 cups ice
- Dump all of it in a blender for 2 mins. Pour. Enjoy!
Wow need a way to get some delicious almonds into your diet? Can't just eat raisins by themselves? We'll try this delicious recipe to kill two birds with 1 stone.
- • mix 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder or other protein with
- • 10-12 oz of skim milk
- • 1.2 cup of dry oatmeal
- • 1.2 cup of raisins
- • 12 shredded almonds
- • 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
- Pour ingredients into a blender and blend for 1.5 minutes. Pour and Enjoy.
Antioxidants yea you can buy expensive over marketed tropical fruits or you can get the same protection with the wholesome blueberry and a variety of other berries. Go ahead try this out it's good on the taste buds and the wallet.
- • 2 scoops vanilla flavor Hemp protein powder
- • 8 raspberries
- • 4 strawberries
- • 15 blueberries
- • 16 ounces nonfat milk
- • 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Throw it all into a blender for 1 minute, pour and Enjoy!
Now if you have been on this site for more than 2 minutes then you know all about the benefits of adding superfoods to your shakes. Spirulina is one of the best and easiest to incorporate into any mix. Try this recipe for the perfect balance of algae and aromatic bannana oils. Your going to like the way it taste, I guarantee it.
- 1 cup of pure water
- 1 big scoop of vanilla Whey Powder
- 3/4 cup of natural yoghurt
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp of flax-seed oil
- 2 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp spirulena
- Throw it in a blender for 1 minute, pour and enjoy!